Crofton is a planned community in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, conveniently located just west of the state capital in Annapolis, south of Baltimore, and east-northeast of Washington, D.C. It was officially founded in the fall of 1964 and is anchored by the Crofton Country Club.
In July 2007 Crofton was named by Money magazine as one of "100 Best Places to Live" in the United States. Crofton placed 72nd out of 100 cities on the list. It was selected for its relative anonymity while still boasting many major amenities, excellent schools, and sought-after location. Crofton was selected again for the magazine's 2011 list, this time placing 82nd. Crofton contains a number of public schools, administered by the Anne Arundel County Public Schools system:
• Crofton Elementary School, grades K-5
• Crofton Woods Elementary School, grades K-5
• Crofton Meadows Elementary School, grades K-5
• Nantucket Elementary School, grades K-5
• Crofton Middle School, grades 6-8 Older students from Crofton attend one of two high schools:
• Arundel High School, grades 9-12 (in Gambrills, Maryland)
• South River High School, grades 9-12 (in Edgewater, Maryland) There are also some private preschools in Crofton:
• Crofton Nursery School
• Creative Garden Nursery School and Kindergarten
• Crofton Day School
Search Crofton Homes for Sale
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Listing data provided by Metropolitan Regional Information Systems, Inc.
Today's Market Trends for Crofton *
* All data pertains to single-family homes